Find the Exit from a Platform
The configuration of Waterbeach platforms means that once your train has stopped, (in either direction, the level crossing is behind it. so:
- go towards the rear of the train and follow the downward slope onto Station road.
- Then, to reach Waterbeach village:
- turn left if you were travelling southbound, and got off at platform 1, you will cross the level crossing.
- turn right from northbound, platform 2.
- Walk for about half a mile, (in an approximate westerly direction) to reach Waterbeach village.
© 2003 Terry Robinson