Edinburgh International Conference Centre
This guide explains how to reach the Edinburgh International Conference Centre (EICC) (the Centre), via public transport and describes the layout of the public areas of the building.
The layout of each major facility within the building is described in detail. The final section of the guide provides a list of rooms and facilities within the Centre, links from each entry provide directions from/to the Concierge Desk or the stairs, lift or escalator at the appropriate level.
The building is circular. The outer circle of the building is multi-storey, whilst the centre has a double height ceiling from the ground floor and is single storey.
Please note that due to the nature of the business the furniture and fixtures can vary from one event to another, in particular planters, low level coffee tables and soft furniture.
The Main (VIP) Lift, Main Stairs and the escalators are on the south side of the building. A curved passage runs round the north side of the building at levels 0, 1 and 3. The passage at levels 1 and 3 is blocked on the north side, by staff areas. In addition, there are four cores containing fire exit steps, we understand these are referred to as follows:
- The South Fire Exit, with exit doors leading south onto Morrison Street
- The East Fire Exit, with exit doors leading east onto Ladyfield Walk
- The North Fire Exit, with exit doors leading west onto the Western Approach Road, this includes the secondary (Fireman's) Lift
- The West Fire Exit, with exit doors leading south onto Morrison Street
Note that there are two additional fire exits at Level 0:
- from the VIP Lift Foyer, with exit doors leading south onto Morrison Street
- from the Lomond Foyer, with exit doors leading north onto Conference Square
Note that the Lonond Foyer exit may be used as an additional step-free entrance by special arrangement with staff.
There are six levels within the Centre:
- Level -2, The Cromdale Hall
- Level -1, the Mezzannine Level
- Level 0, Ground Floor including the Concierge Desk, the Strathblane Hall and Lomond Suite
- Level 1, including the Carrick, Harris and Ochil suites
- Level 2, for staff only, except the intermediate landing between escalators between levels 1 and 3
- Level 3, including the Pentland, Fintry and Sidlaw Auditoria
Describe Online Home page
© 2013, Terry Robinson