There are two kinds of help point within this station, the standard London Underground help points and the Alarm Points which are used by the DLR.
The Help Points
The help points in this station consist of a circular housing with a breakable glass fire alarm button at the top, a larger (green) emergency button in the middle and a smaller )blue) information button towards the bottom.
The speaker and mic grill are to your left of the buttons.
DLR Alarm Points
The DLR has alarm points which differ from the help points normally found in London Underground stations.
There are three buttons, from the top:
- fire alarm
- passenger alarm
- emergency train stop.
There's also a sign warning you that you’re on video.
In the Main concourse
Outside the Gates
- at the foot of the steps from the Street Level Concourse, to your left as you approach the foot of the steps
Inside the Gates
- on the right-hand side of the left-hand passage, as you move away from the gate line
- on the left-hand side of the right-hand passage between the gate line and the lift to platforms 5 - 6 and 3 - 4
- on the left-hand side of the right-hand passage between escalators 5 - 6 and the passage leading left towards the steps
On Platforms 5 - 6, Jubilee Line
- on each platform, between escalators 7 - 8 and the lift
On Platforms 1 - 2
- on each platform, between the lift and the south steps
On Platforms 3 - 4
- on platform 3, just before (north of) the gap to the lift
- on platform 3, between escalators 1 - 2 and 3 - 4
- on platform 4, between the lift and escalators 3 - 4
- on platform 4, just beyond (south of) escalators 1 - 2
CANNING TOWN STATION
© 2012, Terry Robinson