There are four gate lines within this station:
- in the Western Concourse for the Metropolitan line, platforms 1 and 2
- in Level -2 of the Tube Concourse,, for the lower platforms (Northern, Piccadilly and Victoria lines)
- in the Northern Concourse, (form the Northern, Piccadilly and Victoria lines)
- at the Pentonville Road exit.
In the Western Concourse
This is a straight gate line running east/west with a manual gate at each end. The left-hand gates are normally the ones you need.
In the Tube Concourse
This is at Level -2. This straight gate line, with a manual gate at each end, is divided into an entrance and exit section by a barrier. The left-hand gates are normally the ones you need.
In the Northern Concourse
This is an L-shaped gate line, the left-hand gates are normally the ones you need. The gates are in three sections:
- the east section, leading south towards the escalators, there's a Wide Aisle Gate at the left-hand (east) end
- The middle section, gate line still east/west, there's a Wide Aisle Gate and a very large gate at the right-hand (west) end, we believe the direction of these gates may vary according to demand
- the west section, these are exit gates, leading west, there's a Wide Aisle Gate at the left-hand (south) end.
At the Pentonville Road Entrance
The manual gate is at the north (left-hand as you enter) end of the gate line.
KING'S CROSS UNDERGROUND STATION
© 2011, Terry Robinson