This is a through station on the Central Line, which runs east/west and
the Circle/District Line (Wimbledon Branch), which runs north/south,
through the station.
The Circle/District Lines are served by separate platforms with platform 1, westbound towards Earl's Court and Victoria, lying east of platform 2, eastbound towards Paddington.
The Central Line is served by separate platforms such that platform 3, eastbound towards Oxford Circus, lies below platform 4, westbound towards White City. These platforms are arranged such that platform 3 lies a few metres west of platform 4.
This station is built on five levels:
- The concourse level, including the passages leading to the four entrances. This is reached via stairs from street level. The concourse bridges the Circle/District Lines, near the north end of the platforms.
- The first level below the concourse, includes the Circle/District Line platforms 1 - 2. this is reached via stairs from the concourse.
- The second level includes the subway between platforms 1 - 2 plus the area between the escalators from the concourse and those to
the third level. This level can be reached via escalator or stairs from the concourse and via stairs from platform 1 or 2, near the north end of the platforms. The area between the escalators is located some distance east of the concourse.
- The third level contains the westbound Central Line, platform 4 plus the area between the second and third set of escalators. This can be reached via escalator or stairs from the second level. The area between the escalators lies beneath the concourse and adjacent to the east end of platform 4.
- The fourth level contains the eastbound Central Line platform 3 and the area at the foot of the third set of escalators. This level
can be reached by escalator from the third level, or via
stairs from the entrance to platform 4. The area at the foot of the escalators is located to the west of that for the third level, adjacent to the east end of platform 3.
This station has no step-free access, but does offer stairs only access throughout. We therefore believe the station is accessible to Guide Dog users, but not to wheelchairs.
NOTTING HILL GATE STATION
© 2008 Terry Robinson