The Road Network
This guide concerns the principal shopping areas within the ring road, comprising Beechen Grove and Exchange road, together with routes between this area, local rail, Underground and bus services. In doing this, our survey has included the following:
- The High Street, runs northwest/southeast;
- The Lower High Street, continues southeast from the High Street;
- Beechen Grove, starts northeast from the point where the High Street becomes the Lower High Street, then curves left (northwest) to run parallel to the High Street into Rickmansworth Road;
- Exchange Road, leaves southwest from this then curves right to cross the High Street via a flyover, before joining Beechen Grove;
- Rickmansworth Road, runs northeast/southwest, across the ends of Beechen Grove and the High Street, beyond the scope of our survey which finishes at the junction with Cassiobury Park Avenue;
- Cassiobury Park Avenue runs west from Rickmansworth Road, beyond the scope of our survey, which finishes at Watford Metropolitan Line Station;
- Clarendon Road, runs Northeast from the High Street to Beechen Grove (northwest/southeast), then veers left (north) crossing St. Johns Road (east/west) then Shady Lane (west), finishing at the roundabout with Station Road (north curving northwest), the taxi entrance to Watford Junction Station (northeast) and Woodford Road (southeast);
- Station Road passes the entrance to the Watford Junction Station car park (east) before going beyond the scope of our survey, which finshes at Watford Junction Station;
- Woodford Road runs southeast from the roundabout across the entrance to the Watford Junction Station short stay car park and bus station;
- Market Street runs southwest from the High Street, crossing Exchange Road (northwest/southeast), before going beyond the scope of our survey which finishes here.
- Queens Road is a pedestrianised street which runs northeast from the High Street, past the Harlequin Centre before going underneath Beechen Grove, beyond the scope of our survey. The pavement on the northwest side curves round, northwest, behind the Harlequin Centre and Charter Place.